YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday 13 January 2016

2015 Favourites.

Hello again! 
Probably a bit late to be putting this up but here we go, it's my favourites for the whole year! :)

You might want to get a cup of tea and some snacks ready as this post will probably be a long one :P

Starting off with Beauty as that is what this blog is primarily for:

Illamasqua Skinbase foundation.



I am in the shade 4.5 (I currently have a 5 because I was somewhat tanned when I first got this) and I absolutely love this foundation. I've used it pretty much constantly since March and there's still a decent amount left in the bottle - so I think that's pretty decent if you ask me! Back when my skin was a lot worse off than it is now, it covered everything pretty much perfectly and it left me with a nice dewy finish, without sticking to any dry patches of mine. It is pricey at £32.50 but in my opinion if you have the money and you like a good full coverage foundation, it's so worth it! They also have a fantastic shade range, from literally white to a very very dark colour. Perfect for everyone in my opinion! A 8.5/10 from me. Link here.

Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation.




Now on the slightly lower end at £9.99, this foundation is very lovely. Not quite as good as my Illamasqua but still very nice. It's been a consistent favourite through the year and I find myself reaching for it almost everyday. It has a medium coverage but it's definitely buildable, it's very dewy and pretty. A 7/10 for me! Link here.

Collection Lasting Perfection concealer.




At only £4.19, you absolutely cannot beat this. I reach for it over my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer every single time. It's full coverage whilst still being easily blend-able and lightweight. A must have for everyone, 8/10. Link here.

Makeup Revolution Ultra Cover and Conceal palette.






This little baby, as I've been doing clients makeup has come in as a lifesaver. Some may see it as unhygienic but I love it. It's perfect because it's very cheap (£8.00) and each palette comes in a variety of colours, it's nice and lightweight whilst still covering nicely and very easily blend-able (how many times am I going to say blend-able?) and it's perfect for cleaning up the brows! It's a solid 6/10.

Anastasia DipBrow pomade.






I've had this since July and it still has not been used fully up. There's still a decent amount of product in there which I find AMAZING considering I've used it pretty much every day for 6 months. Gives me the brow I love. At £15.50 it is pretty pricey, but again, totally worth it. Have nothing bad to say about it other than the fact it does tend to dry out quite quickly - which is easily fixed but it still does annoy me a little. Oh, my colour is Dark Brown. 7.5/10. Link here.

Illamasqua Browcake.




My colour in this is Gaze - although when I got this I had jet black hair so I'd probably use Thunder now - just for reference for anyone. This is highly pigmented, amazing and just all round easy to use. Gives you a nice natural looking brow or a full on brow which I love. It's £15.00 and totally worth it, used it till I got my Dipbrow in July and it still has plenty of product left. I also love that you can use it both dry and wet. Makes the product a lot more versatile. 7.5/10. Link here.

Illamasqua Gel Liner in Infinity.





This is my absolute new holy grail. I don't think I'll ever feel this way about a gel liner ever in my life. It's pricey but it's so black, does not budge and just looks PERFECT all day. It's amazing and I highly, highly recommend it. 9/10. Link here.

Makeup Revolution Salted Caramel palette.






Oh my god, if you ever have the chance to get this, DO IT. The colours are just as good as the Two Faced Chocolate Bar palette and they blend like a DREAM. It also smells like chocolate, which, fyi, makes everything worth it tbh. 6.5/10. Link here.

MAC Eyeshadow in All that Glitters, Satin Taupe, Wedge, Plum Dressing and Patina.





Absolutely adore these eyeshadows. MAC shadows are a must have, for sure. 8/10.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle.





No other highlight will ever do what Soft & Gentle does for me. I'm sorry, but it's just perfect. It's a total holy grail and I love it more everytime I put it on. 9/10.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour kit.





I got this in July and I have only just started to hit pan, which I find pretty good considering I use it to carve my little potato face into a non-potato face everyday. Very pigmented, but very pricey. Probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't a serious lover of makeup as I reckon there are cheaper palettes out there that are just as good. 6.5/10

Makeup Revolution Ultra Cream Contour palette.






On the lower end of the scale is this beauty at only £8.00, it's amazing. Very creamy and blend-able. The colours are lovely and I really enjoy using this on myself. 6.5/10.

MAC lipsticks in Sin, Ruby Woo and Velvet Teddy.






These three have been my go-to's this year. I love a good red, but I also love nudes. These three are perfect and I love the formula for MAC lipsticks. 8/10

Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick in Redrum.





This is my first high end liquid lipstick and I am in LOVE. It's perfect. Review coming soon though so I won't say much other than the formula is perfect and I want EVERY colour! 8/10.

Random favourites:

As youtube channels go, my favourites this year have been Rob Dyke, Lily Pebbles, GlamandGore, FreakmoFx, Shaaanxo, Nikkie Tutorials, PowdahFX, Jamie Genevieve, Patrick Starr, Jeffree Star, MannyMua & HelloOctoberxo, these guys are awesome and instead of saying much about them I'll just link all their channels and you can have a look at them yourself!

My favourite songs of this year have been Itch by Nothing but Thieves, Wish You Were Here by Incubus and Dreamer's Disease by letlive. Again, instead of saying much about them I'll just link the songs so you can go listen to yourself.

My favourite TV Shows of this year have been Dexter, House M.D. and That 70's Show. All are on Netflix so you should watch if you haven't already! I've watched all of them before but I fell back in love with them this year. As for films I haven't really been much of a film person this year but one film I did really enjoy was Cake with Jennifer Aniston in it. I'm not going to say much about it because I'm a humungous spoiler when it comes to shit like that. So just watch it for yourself. :)

As for books, My Mad Fat Diary and My Madder, Fatter Diary by Rae Earl, Nothing but The Truth by Vicky Pattison, We Were Liars by E.Lockheart, 1st to Die, 2nd Chance and 3rd Degree by James Patterson, Six Years by Harlan Coben and Me, Me, Me by Charlotte Crosby have all been fab reads. I am a fan of autobiographies and thrillers, so if anyone can suggest anything for me please do!

Favourite experiences of the year:

  • Going down to Dan's parents in England to meet his family. Incredibly nervewracking but incredibly lovely nonetheless.
  • Going to Jamie Genevieve's masterclass in St Enochs!
  • Dan's 21st Birthday, we had an awesome time and I will cherish that forever.
  • Going on my first ever holiday without my parents! I went to Spain with Dan and it was lovely.
  • Meeting my absolute ride or die, best friend and soulmate, Becky on the first day of college. She is an incredibly wonderful human and I'm so, so lucky to have her.
  • Spending my One year anniversary at the Grand Central Hotel with my handsome. It was amazing and romantic.
  • Going to my cousins wedding. It was nice to have such a happy occasion in the family.
Favourite photos of the year:


































Here's to 2016! :)

Thanks for looking

x x x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment