YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday 27 February 2015

MOTD: 21st February \\ Dark Smokey eye.


I'm gonna focus todays makeup post mostly on my eyes as my skin didn't look too great to be completely honest.
Here was my eye look though, a very dark smokey eye, similar to one I've already done on my blog before, just a touch darker and deeper under the eyes too:
For this look I used mostly the Naked Basics palette by Urban Decay but also a MAC eyeshadow. I used "Concrete" by MAC on my eyebrows if you're wondering (which as well as my skin, looked a riot on this particular day, lol, just my luck) 
I think this look is perfect on any and everyone, eye colour/shape, everyone. Just adapt it to your eye shape is all I'd say, as I generally prefer a winged out look, you might not. Obviously if you want to do this look on yourself, you can use whatever colours/brands etc you have. You do not need to go out and buy exactly what I'm using, I'm just telling you what I used incase you DO have it, because it would obviously be easier. And if you don't have it, just click on the links I've put in and it'll show you what colours to look for in your own collection to recreate this!
Anyway, steps for this look are:
  • DO NOT DO YOUR FOUNDATION FIRST. With this dark of an eye look, you are bound to get some fallout and or mess up, if you do your foundation first, you will regret it. Just like I did.
  • Prime your eyelids (and under your eye if you like) with anything you like that you feel keeps your eyeshadow on longer, whether that be Urban Decay's Primer Potion or just your normal concealer, use it. It helps. Can't stress that enough.
  • Next, with a big fluffy crease brush, put a nice brown through your crease and just above it as your transition shade, it helps with blending, A LOT, trust me. For this I used a mix of "Wedge" by MAC and Naked 2 from the Basics palette.
  • With a smaller, less fluffier crease brush, start to put the colour "Faint" more precisely through the crease. 
  • Next, with a flat eyeshadow brush, one that's used mainly to pack colour on, apply a generous amount of the colour "Crave" from the Basics palette all over the mobile lid (ie, no further than your crease) 
  • Don't panic if it's not dark enough yet, it is SO much easier to add more colour than it is to take away. Especially when working with black. Add as much as you like for however dark you'd like it to be.
  • Next, use a teensy weensy (good technical words, eh?) pencil brush to get very close to your lashline with the colour "Crave", blend that out with your big fluffy brush you used first with Wedge and Naked 2 :)
  • Next, you could apply a liner to your waterline/tightline or your upper lid. I didn't as I felt it was dark enough, and I was at my boyfriends so didn't have a kohl eyeliner on me.
  • Lastly, apply a generous amount of mascara. You may as well go out and put some pretty fierce lashes on, again I didn't because I was at my boyfriends and didn't have any onhand :)
Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this! Got all my blog posts for the next 2 months all planned out and starting to prepare for them! 

Thank you for reading! 

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment