YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday 5 August 2016

Mark's Golf Day/Fundraising Night.

Hey!

So for anyone that doesn't know, my big brother, Mark passed away on the 3rd February 2014. He suffered from mental health issues throughout most of his teenage and adult life. He was only 33 when he died and it broke our family and his friends hearts. He was very much a loved, wonderful guy by everyone who knew him and I always feel blessed to have not only known him but have him as my big brother and another fatherly figure to me!


Anyway, since last year, a few of Mark's closest friends have decided to do an annual sporting event in his memory which of course, my family were happy for them to do. They decided on a golf tournament where around 40 guys who knew and loved Mark all get to compete and have a good day in memorial of him. There's a trophy (amongst other prizes) that the guys taking place can win. The trophy gets engraved every year with the winning team member's names! 

Anyway along with the golf tournament, this year there is a fundraising night where people can donate to the Scottish Association for Mental Health which of course me and my family agreed was an amazing cause!
I'm going to leave the donation page >>>> here <<<< so if you want to donate, you can!

Update:
It's the day after and my stepdad's team won yesterday and getting to hand over the trophy to him along with my two nephews (who are Mark's babies) was amazing and such a lovely experience! The donation page has also passed the £1000 target which honestly is amazing and I am so grateful for Mark's great bunch of friends, my other brother Alan's great bunch of friends and our family who made the day and night amazing!
Thanks for reading, I know it's a bit different but I hope you enjoyed nonetheless!

Other places to find me:

email/business - rachelgarmentmua@outlook.com


Other blog posts to read whilst you wait for a new one:

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment