YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday 5 July 2016

Why I'm Not Supporting Jeffree Star Anymore.

Hey lovelies!

Today is a different kind of post for me, it will probably be quite controversial and I hate to do it but I've made numerous posts including Jeffree Star's liquid lipsticks, praising him, praising his brand and I just felt like I had to address it since I'm not going to be using his products anymore.



Basically I tweeted along the lines of that him making sexual noises, calling people 'hoe' or 'bitch' in a nasty way (not a jokey way) and talking about doing drugs is really annoying/off putting. I also said that I was normally always all about bringing people up than bringing them down but I just felt like he was putting an act on. My tweet in all fairness could definitely have been worded better. 

His response was this:


And he also blocked me, haha.


Might I add that in my tweets I didn't actually @ him - which means the sad bastard actually searches his name in the search bar, hahaha. Anyway, enough bashing him I think I've done enough of that. Like I said, I probably could've put my original tweets about him in a better way. 

Just to me, as he is a brand owner - promoting drugs (which he does and smokes it on his Youtube channel, search jeffreestar I'm not linking it) - any kind of drugs is not okay. I know it's only weed and is somewhat harmless but I still don't think as a brand owner that's okay - I'm not a prude in any way shape or form, do what you want with your life, I just feel like it could get young, impressionable kids into trouble by going round and getting weed off of the wrong people/crowd. OR wanting a better fix than just weed and going into more heavy, hardcore drugs and they've done it because their super cool hip role model smoked some weed on camera for the world to see? Not okay. Also calling women horrible, derogatory names - that's just not a role model I'm down with at all. I can't stand a single human being out there that puts anyone down - which supposedly he is all about! But if you take a look at this footage of his rant about makeupbyshayla (who, by the way remained pretty calm and humble about everything) you'll see his disgusting derogatory terms he uses to talk about her. 

Next up is the infamous RockyRoadKill thing that happened. I'll link Rocky's original video here where you can see the guy clearly isn't bashing Jeffree/his brand or anything like that, he is simply upset that his highlighter broke - which, when you pay $29 or whatever the cost was, it's pretty understandable!! This is the video he made later to clear things up..

Next is the girl that totally made me see clearly about Jeffree.. This girl is always deadly honest in her opinions/views/reviews about products/brands etc. So I'm trusting her opinion on this one and if you don't want to watch a review about the Beauty Killer palette then skip to 20:00. She goes into everything that's gone on recently and her video is worth a watch if you really want an eye opener about him.

Overall I just think as a brand owner and such a massive social media influencer he should know better than to make these stupid mistakes. I know everyone makes mistakes but his are kind of beyond that and are just plainly showing him out for the kind of person he is. It's not cool, he is not a good role model and I don't think that anyone should support his brand.

It's up to you what you think about all of this, if you think it's blown out of proportion (which honestly, I did at first) and want to continue supporting him then that's cool, you do you but I honestly don't think he's worth it. I think there are much better people out there who are also better role models that will be more appropriate. 

Anyway, thanks for reading. I still stand by that the three liquid lipsticks I have are really great quality in colour, formula etc but I still don't think he should be supported anymore and I won't be. 

Here are a couple of youtubers I think are amazing:

RosiJayPierce
Shaaanxo
JKissa

Other posts to read whilst you wait for my next one:

Glitter Cut Crease
Happy 100th Post to Me!
Bold Summer Makeup

Other places to find me:

email/business - rachelgarmentmua@outlook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment